Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sampsonisms

I have a really great professor of Pharmacology named Jim Sampson. He gives us lots of helpful, what I like to call Sampsonisms. Some are pneumonic devices, some not. Here they are:
"Prone is on the bone."
Anticholinergic side effects:
No see,
no pee,
no spit,
no shit,
tachy..
Point and Shoot, erection is controlled by the Parasympathetic Nervous system, and shoot, or ejaculation is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system.

I have more... I will update when they come to me.

This week marked the end of the first four weeks of the second block. I passed my CPE by placing a catheter. Exciting, right? We went out on Wednesday night, as usual but this week we won first place. It wasn't a "real" win because we pinched a powerhouse player from the team that usually beats us but hey, at this point I'll take what I can get.

More good news next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment