Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 4 Recap

So this week I was seriously in a funk and it showed. I had my usual round of tests and on one of them I preformed pretty poorly. Not poor in everyone's book, but I certainly was not happy with my grade. That being said, I just could not motivate myself to 'do it' so to speak. I am starting to be really frustrated with myself. All I want in the world is to be a midwife, and even though nursing isn’t exactly what I want to be doing, it is a step in the direction I want to move. 6 months ago I was so excited about this and now that it is here I am really struggling. Not sure what my problem is.

Part of my midwifery dream includes having a full-service birthing clinic. I would love to be able to provide pre/post natal care, birthing classes, yoga, and of course a place to birth. I would love to be able to teach yoga, not that as a midwife I would have a ton of free time to teach yoga but I thought if I don’t get certified now I will probably never get certified. So I did some googling and found Core Power – if you are not familiar I recommend checking them out (they offer a free week). I had done lots of other classes mostly through my gym with different instructors but this was totally different. I really enjoyed it. I found out about their program and am hoping to start training in June. The training is pretty pricey but they offer a scholarship of sorts - if you clean the studio once a week for at least three months, you get half off the cost of the training program. You also get free membership while you are cleaning. So, timing may not work out since there is a wait list for the cleaning but nevertheless I am excited and looking forward to it.

Next month I had planned on starting training for my first marathon. I am looking forward to being overwhelmed at fitting in more into my schedule…

On a lighter note – my trivia team and I won 2nd place!! We are moving on up. Our bar tab this week was only $7 after our certificate from last week. This means we can actually start drinking more for less. Awesome, right?

This week was not great but I am aware and all I can say is that next week will be better. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I heard this in yoga this week and I really liked it so I am sharing. She said, “I hope you are happy, I hope you are well …can’t remember… I hope you know the true nature of your being.” I love that I hope that as you travel through this week that you know the true nature of your being and are able to love and be loved just as you truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment