Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 1 Update and Recap

Well, I probably picked the worst time to decide to make a "wake-up at 6am goal". Denver had unusually low temperatures and continuous snow all week. I did not wake-up at 6am for the past week but did decide that in order to achieve that goal, I should also institute some goal about going to sleep at a reasonable hour... Just a thought. That being said, I am actually pretty happy about the past week. For most of the week I did wake up at a reasonable hour except for today. I actually woke-up at 8:30, then stayed in bed and cuddled for the next hour and a half. Which, is important too.
• I had my first two exams of nursing school and did quite well.
• I joined the student nursing association, and became a member of the board. Of course this is a time commitment but one that I think is important. It will be a resume builder, will give me the opportunity to volunteer, something I have been wanting to do but haven't been able for whatever reason, and will give me an opportunity to meet new people.
• I learend how to take blood pressure
• I think I am letting go of the fact that I will not be able to read my nursing texts cover-to-cover, as I like to do with other text books. And this is ok. It is just not the best use of my time.
• I found a really great study spot – Coffee at the Point – my local coffee shop. It is only a few blocks away and I loved it. I had a great mocha and was able to get 4 continuous hours of study.
• I didn't really workout at all this week :( Partly because of the snow and subzero temperatures and partly because my gym membership expired. I love working out, not only for the health/physical benefits but for my sanity. Next week I am really going to focus on incorporating more workouts into my week. I haven’t decided if I am going to rejoin my gym. For one I have a membership through school and in April I will have a membership through work. Maybe just a 3 month membership… I did get the Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred and I am excited.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE Coffee at the Point. Ryan and Donovan are such nice guys! Kudos to you for keeping up with the weekly updates. I think a big part of processing and learning comes from taking the time to recap. So, word up to you, Celeste!

    ReplyDelete