Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week Five

Despite last week being one of the worst weeks for me, I actually tested the best I have so far… What to even say about that I don’t know. I seriously crammed the night before my exams but didn’t do much else. I was completely stressed and promise I will not procrastinate…

I am still struggling with incorporating exercise into my routine. I know that this probably is a big reason why I have been so stressed but I just can’t seem to make it happen. It is top priority this week. And just to increase the stakes a bit more I am planning on starting marathon training. I use Nike+ training tools. I am hoping to run my first marathon in September or October. We’ll see how this week goes. A few weeks ago I said that I was going to stop watching TV. A lofty goal that was dropped within 24 hours of writing it down – however, I think I really need to not watch TV. This week I was engulfed in a show that I didn’t really even like. I know everyone needs brain breaks but this was a serious time waster. So, seriously, this week, no TV (with the exception of the Biggest Loser)!

This weekend I did some volunteer work with Project C.U.R.E. It was actually really great. We started off with learning about the medical supply needs of third-world countries and then about the incredible waste of our country. Literally, we toss tons of perfectly good medical supplies if they have been in a patient’s room and weren’t used, brought into surgery and not used, past their expiration date (some things really can’t be used past their expiration date). Their warehouse it packed full of medical supplies just waiting to be shipped to countries in need. Time went by really fast and I felt like we accomplished a lot. If you are looking for a great volunteer experience that doesn’t require a lot of time commitment, experience, this is a good one. And their administrative overhead is only 2% which is really great.

My awesome trivia team came in second again and I can’t be happier. We probably drank way too much and I was rocked on Thursday but hey what can you do? C’est la vie. One of my teammates is also a school friend that I met recently. I think we are becoming quite good friends. It is always nice to develop new friendships.


I have my first clinical tomorrow and am feeling really excited.

Hope you all have an awesome week. I am looking forward to Denver’s Restaurant Week – Jerome and I are going to Root Down, so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment